FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe scale rounded rectangle from anchor point (just y axis) and not from the centre

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabian Biehne
Keyframe scale rounded rectangle from anchor point (just y axis) and not from the centre
on Jan 24, 2019 at 9:28:44 am

Hi there,
I want to keyframe the scale of a rounded rectangle in the y direction from the anchor which I set to the bottom of the rectangle to preserve it’s roundness and so that it just grows in height. However when I change the y-size under Rectangle Path 1 > Size it still grows from the centre in both y directions (up & downwards). When I go to Transform > Scale (outside of > Contents) and change the y value here the roundness of the rectangle is distorted but the growth from the anchor point works.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keyframe scale rounded rectangle from anchor point (just y axis) and not from the centre
on Jan 24, 2019 at 5:36:29 pm

Don't do it in all those shape settings.
Open up the shape layer's normal attributes, re-position the anchor point and then scale to your heart's content.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fabian Biehne
Re: Keyframe scale rounded rectangle from anchor point (just y axis) and not from the centre
on Jan 25, 2019 at 12:35:49 pm

@Dave
I don’t exactly get what you mean. Where can I find these properties?

@Walter
Actually I did it this way and used a stroke.

Thanks for your answers.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 24, 2019 at 11:08:30 pm

Instead of using a rounded rectangle, create a path on your shape layer with two points. Add a big fat stroke, set the line cap to to Round, then use Trim Paths to extend it from a circle to a rounded rectangle.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 25, 2019 at 6:44:09 pm

Walter's is by far the simplest solution. But if you need to do this with a shape layer, you can add the following expression to the Transform Position property of the rounded rectangle. Expression assumes this is is being applied to "Rectangle 1".

content("Rectangle 1").transform.position+[0,content("Rectangle 1").content("Rectangle Path 1").size[1]/2]

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Fabian Biehne
on Jan 25, 2019 at 6:51:01 pm

Thanks for your help, guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]