FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking with Mocha AE CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Hughes
Tracking with Mocha AE CC
on Jan 23, 2019 at 12:15:29 pm

Hey everyone, I've been struggling using the new in-built Mocha AE CC, even with all the tutorials available on the internet 😥

I can't seem to find one that explains properly how to get the tracking data out of it and just apply as many things as I want to it. In the old Mocha, I'd put the data onto a Null and parent everything I want tracked to that null. How would I go about doing that in this version?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
Re: Tracking with Mocha AE CC
on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:28:05 pm

The workflow really has not changed except that instead of using the clipboard copy/paste, you use the "create track button in the plug-in interface, than "Apply track data" to select the layer it applies to.

You could "create track" and select a Null layer to apply to or apply to another layer and copy/paste.

This video might help:

You might also appreciate the MochaImport+ workflow from aescripts:

Ross Shain
Boris FX / Imagineer Systems
https://borisfx.com/products/mocha/

Return to posts index

Josh Hughes
Re: Tracking with Mocha AE CC
on Feb 1, 2019 at 11:29:29 am

With a bit of fiddling, and the video showing the corner pin tool's abilities compared to just a transform track, I've realised that maybe Mocha isn't quite what I should be use for the general tracking of a scene, most likely should be leaving that to 3D Camera Tracker, and use Mocha for tracking certain objects only.

I only say this because that script isn't free of course, and I want to see how much I can with just the base version of After Effects. But that plugin does look pretty rad!

Thanks Ross, I'm definitely a bit more clued in now!😄

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]