FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using frame interpolation to loop a video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Sharkey
Using frame interpolation to loop a video
on Jan 22, 2019 at 10:28:39 pm

Hi, I'm trying to make a 25 second video of a tornado with no background loop smoothly. Since the tornado's shape/movement/etc are not constant, it does not loop smoothly. I believe I could use frame interpolation between the end and start of the video to create a smooth loop via inbetweens, but I have no idea how to do this. I haven't been able to find any tutorials online, either, probably because frame interpolation isn't usually used for this. I understand the result won't be perfect, but it doesn't need to be. Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Using frame interpolation to loop a video
on Jan 22, 2019 at 11:24:59 pm

Is this a real or a fake tornado?
If real, the chances are EXCELLENT it's a hand-held shot, which raises a few issues. Position, scale, shape and debris cloud come to mind immediately.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Using frame interpolation to loop a video
on Jan 23, 2019 at 8:27:18 am

What you could try is taking a snapshot from the beginning and end frame, put the end frame at the beginning and beginning frame at the end for reference. Then make a 2-3 second warp at the end toward the beginning frame and at the beginning toward the end frame (in reverse) and fade between the two mid-way through the warp. Kinda like morphing. No guarantee it will look natural, but it should at least smooth the cut.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]