FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering for a kiosk

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
malcolm DeSoto
Rendering for a kiosk
on Jan 15, 2019 at 5:22:10 pm

This is kind of a weird one. I'm trying to output some simple animation in a .wmv format.

I have the spec sheet which says the dimensions should be 1152x864, however; when the file is played on the screen, the graphic is cropped.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to correct this? I'm also attempting to contact the sign company, but thought I'd check here as well...

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: Rendering for a kiosk
on Jan 15, 2019 at 6:57:00 pm

According to the sign controller it is 168x96 not 1152x864 (I can see the pixels it most certainly is not 1152x864). Looks like the sign controller is set to scale to fill, which is why you are getting cropping.

Export a copy at 168x96 and it should play correctly.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 15, 2019 at 6:59:24 pm

Looking at the spec sheet the image matrix is 7:4 while the "display setting" is 4:3. My conclusion based on the result would be that 7:4 ratio image is what they are actually showing.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:00:57 pm

I've run into specific digital signage systems that give you the odd pixel sizes.
Some I got away with doubling the actual number and their systems auto-filled and felt it was better looking that if I sent the actual 1:1 size.
Maybe its just in my head :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jan 15, 2019 at 9:23:17 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. There are a lot of digital signs that are. . . just not set up correctly. Seen several that use a standard video resolution output that is stretched to the size of the board.

I'm 90% positive that the 1152x864 4:3 resolution is the desktop resolution of the device that is playing the content, which is relatively common for something running headless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]