FORUMS: list search recent posts

[What's the Bottleneck?] Opening a Huge AEP File + Waiting For Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Han
[What's the Bottleneck?] Opening a Huge AEP File + Waiting For Preview
on Jan 15, 2019 at 5:02:59 am

Hi,

I'm working with tool-kits and animated icon packages, these AEP can be anywhere from 50,000 KB to 500,000 KB (50 MB - 500MB). After I open these files, depending on the size, it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before I am able to actually preview any of these scenes/compositions. This is getting in the way of my workflow and so I wanted to know what may be causing this slowdown.

Wanted to know why it takes so long to preview anything after I have successfully loaded up the AEP file and at this point, the only thing I can't do is preview but I can do just about anything else.

I wanted to know if there's a bottleneck in my spec that may be causing this, or if it's just due to the large file that it inevitably will take some time since AE is not a very efficient program, etcetc.

Running Windows 10 Pro on i9-9900K @ 5 GHz OC, 64 GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz, GeForce 980.
I'm also currently running my OS + AE + Disk Cache + AE Assets/Files on a single M.2 SSD (3500+ MB Read / 3500+ MB Write on RAID 0).

Thanks,
Kevin.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: [What's the Bottleneck?] Opening a Huge AEP File + Waiting For Preview
on Jan 15, 2019 at 6:05:28 am

[Kevin Han] "I'm working with tool-kits and animated icon packages, these AEP can be anywhere from 50,000 KB to 500,000 KB (50 MB - 500MB). After I open these files, depending on the size, it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before I am able to actually preview any of these scenes/compositions. "

That sounds just about right. Nothing out of the ordinary with those times. Those are big stinkin' project files!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Han
Re: [What's the Bottleneck?] Opening a Huge AEP File + Waiting For Preview
on Jan 15, 2019 at 4:43:50 pm

Haha, good to know Dave. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]