FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Puppet Pin Tools with Master Properties. Why won't it work?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Hill
Using Puppet Pin Tools with Master Properties. Why won't it work?
on Jan 10, 2019 at 11:27:27 pm

So, in the past I've used Master Properties to drag properties from a layer (scale, rotation, etc etc) into the Graphics Essentials tab and then was able to tweak those properties from within other comps. In other words I've been able to use Master Properties as intended.

That was until I tried to use it with Puppet Pin Tools.

At best it is super glitchy, as in it will sort of move and then snap back, or just completely go wonky by strangely distorting the image, etc etc. This is after playing around with the "push to master" or "pull from master" ad infinitum.

And though I know you don't really want continual rasterization on the comp containing the puppet pins I would toggle that on/off to see if anything changed. nada.

So, I know one might think that puppet pins simply aren't supported with Master Properties BUT when I use the "solo supported properties" the puppet pin tool positions are in the list...and like I said earlier I'm allowed to drag them into essential graphics tab.

Google had literally ZERO information on this topic that I could find! Super frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]