FORUMS: list search recent posts

Responsive design intro / outro troubles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
Responsive design intro / outro troubles
on Jan 10, 2019 at 4:45:53 pm

I know, this is Kind of a premiere post also, but put it here because...it seemed more correct.

So I created a title that has an on and off animation. I created protected regions using the create intro and create outro protection. Only, that didn't seem to work.

What I expected: My intro region and outro region would move that time with the in and out point of my premiere timeline.

What happened: The intro always moves to the input, but the outro stays at a set time from the beginning. Extending the timeline does nothing. The in and out animations are on a 5 second timeline in AE, and the out animation always ends at 5 seconds.

So, not sure how to get that right. And I can't find anything that says how to do it. Common problem with adobe help files. They say you Can do something, but they don't often share How. It's like...Using the intro and outro buttons you can set the intro and outro for premiere. Yeah, thanks help file. I got that, but it didn't work...so Now what?

I'm thinking maybe I have to set that as a property maybe? Not sure because protected region works...but even if it's in the beginning or end, it scales. Even though, that Should be like dividing by 1, so should stick to the in or out point. but it only seems to work in the middle.

So is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
Re: Responsive design intro / outro troubles
on Jan 10, 2019 at 9:15:16 pm

Well, now I'm having even More troubles. So I have to wonder if they are related.

When you add some text, you have an option to add "enable font size adjustment." Well, that came through, but it doesn't do anything.
I added tracking as an animation item, and that works. But that's a separate item.

Also all my items are now highlighted red. This happened as soon as I changed to a different composition in AE. But it didn't go back when I went back to the comp.

It's fairly annoying that you can't Update a title you created. But what can you do? Another one of Adobe's Mostly finished features released to everyone without fully documenting it.

And before you say, "no, here's the documentation." I'll save you the trouble: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/responsive-design.html
And scroll to the bottom to find the one liner about sending it to Premiere.

I tested my protected section within aftereffects. I used the comp, and sure enough. No need to retime. You just stretch the end point. And yes, it works exactly as you'd want it to.

This is really making me feel like this is just a bug. They didn't list it in their known issues though. So maybe just not many people are using this yet? If it actually worked, then it would be pretty darn nice. But it seems like only a few things work ok.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]