FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a 3d stroke bounce around the inside of a 3d object? (Link to example in description)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Crean
How to create a 3d stroke bounce around the inside of a 3d object? (Link to example in description)
on Jan 9, 2019 at 11:02:52 am

Hi Guys,

My client is a Electric Car charge point distributor and they are wanting a Tron-like video style.

They are wanting this effects (link below) but with the 3d object being their charge points

https://videohive.net/item/speed-junkies/22951019?s_rank=4

if you guys have any ideas how this could be achieved on either Trapcode or Blender, i'd love to find out how it's done or even if you know of any links to forums or tutorial videos, anything would be a massive help.

If i need another software please suggest what i would need to complete this effect.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How to create a 3d stroke bounce around the inside of a 3d object? (Link to example in description)
on Jan 10, 2019 at 6:51:42 pm

The only plugin that I know which can do this from within AE is Stardust. You can use a 3D object as a container. I couldn't find any examples of this, but I did this quick test and it does work. This is a very simple car model build from two boxes and four cylinders, unified with a boolean operation into a single container object. Particles are emitted from the center here, with trails traced with aux particles. Additional turbulent displacement used to bounce the particles around. Bounced particles stay within the container object. A more sensible arrangement of origin point and displacement would make for a nicer result, but based on this it looks like it can be achieved this way.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]