FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an easy way to cut a selection from a video of an image? Or delete the background of a selection? Rotoscope's not working for me.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teddi Roze
Is there an easy way to cut a selection from a video of an image? Or delete the background of a selection? Rotoscope's not working for me.
on Jan 8, 2019 at 12:04:53 am

Pictures are worth a thousand words: https://imgur.com/a/kazUeCE

My link to the images will contain the best explanation so that someone can help me better.

More explanation just in case: I thought I had completed what I wanted. I had selected the "red nuns" and the background was gone. Now I was going to attach the nun scaling to the beat so the nuns increase in size with the beat. However, I eventually learned the rotorscope was not selecting properly for the rest of the video. Only that first frame I had worked the selection on to. I eventually managed to make that same rotorscope selection to the rest of the video. However, It took 20 minutes to do 30 of the 5,000 frames after clicking "freeze" (WOULD TAKE WAY TOO LONG). So, I feel my last option would be to do the cutting in photoshop and then import the cut out nuns back into after effects to avoid this ridiculous amount of rendering the freezed rotorscope.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hoping to find a way to do all I'm trying to do within After Effects so I don't have to jump back and forth between programs!

Any help is really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Is there an easy way to cut a selection from a video of an image? Or delete the background of a selection? Rotoscope's not working for me.
on Jan 8, 2019 at 7:28:04 am

Is this a still image? If so, you can separate the people onto a different layer in Photoshop and content-sensitive fill and clone in the missing pieces of the background.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Is there an easy way to cut a selection from a video of an image? Or delete the background of a selection? Rotoscope's not working for me.
on Jan 8, 2019 at 7:24:22 pm

have you tried freezing 1 frame and making it look like a video? If that doesnt work then you could definitely do this all in mocha and that is probably your best bet,,,In fact it should be easier and faster in mocha than anything else

Return to posts index

Marie-Christine Laniel
on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:57:02 pm

On the source footage of the nuns, are they the only part of the footage that are red? If so, I would try to apply the effect ''Color Range'' on your shot, and select only the red part of your shot (which are the nuns). It will cut out all the background of your footage. Color Range in after effects work exaclty like color range in photoshop!

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]