FORUMS: list search recent posts

using keyboard to control mouse buttons

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ohad Marbach
using keyboard to control mouse buttons
on Jan 6, 2019 at 2:25:41 pm

I use software to control mouse clicks because my hands hurt from over clicking and the keyboard is easier for me to click. so I use neatmouse or autohotkeys and usually assign f9 and f10 as they are usually free. both work fine with premiere and with browsing but none work with after effects. maybe ae approaches the keyboard differently that premiere?

another solution I use is controlling the clicks with the phone but all the phone apps that does this and actually work have small virtual buttons and it is very easy to miss the click.

I already tried finding a mouse that is both silent and easy to click but no success yet.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: using keyboard to control mouse buttons
on Jan 7, 2019 at 4:09:45 pm

F9 and F10 are by default bound inside of AE. If you have not already, try removing those keybinds (keybinds shortcut ctrl+alt+'). Also make sure that your keyrebinding software is set to work when AE has focus, I know that at least autohotkey has the option for it to be enabled or not (or have multiple profiles) depending on which window is in focus.

I use a trackball for ergonomic issues and so far that has worked out well for me (since itself, it is treated as a mouse). Though this is not a solution to your issue.

Return to posts index

Ohad Marbach
on Jan 7, 2019 at 11:45:57 pm

I tried unbinding f7 and f8 but it didn't do the trick.

make sure that your keyrebinding software is set to work when AE has focus, I know that at least autohotkey has the option for it to be enabled or not (or have multiple profiles) depending on which window is in focus

How do you do this with autohotkey?
what do I need to add to the script? for now I use just
f7::LButton
f8::RButton

after effects is not the only program I have trouble with this. Avid media composer and Cubase too..

Return to posts index

Ohad Marbach
on Jan 8, 2019 at 12:06:40 am

Solution!!!

open autohotkey / neatmouse as administrator!! Thats it!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]