Iris in effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eilat Ben-Eliyahu
Iris in effect
on Jan 5, 2019 at 8:07:10 pm
Last Edited By Eilat Ben-Eliyahu on Jan 5, 2019 at 8:13:07 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to create an "Iris In" effect from a video on a logo.
So that most of the screen turns black, but not all of it.
I would then hold the Iris'd in image (logo) for a few seconds before the whole picture fades to black.

I did a very simple sketch, using crop and keyframes in Premiere pro - http://f1.creativecow.net/12994/12994
However, it doesn't look as professional and awesome as I would like it to be.

What would you suggest?

I'm quite a beginner with AE, but this seems basic enough. I'm just not sure what tools to use.
So if you'll describe me the right path, I would hopefully be able to make it work :)

Also, I'm not sure what transition I should use to switch between the video and the graphic.

Thanks!
Eilat

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Iris in effect
on Jan 6, 2019 at 7:44:53 am

I think you can do this in Premiere as easily. I would make a freeze frame of the footage for the logo rather than trying to replace it. You can use the corner pin to straighten it out so it is perfectly horizontal and vertical.

The two main things I see as missing in the black layer with the iris shape are:

1) Easing. An ease in to the send keyframe would make this nicer.
2) Motion blur. This can be done as radial blur or with the transform technique: https://premierepro.net/motion-blur/

If replacing the logo is critical, you'd have to align them perfectly and fade between the two. To make it more seamless, I would keyframe the color of the original footage to change during the iris zoom-in to match the color of the final logo, then it would not be an abrupt change to fade over to the final logo.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Eilat Ben-Eliyahu
Re: Iris in effect
on Jan 7, 2019 at 2:41:18 pm

Alright, thank you!

Eilat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]