FORUMS: list search recent posts

[AE Render Output + Process] Best Format & Video Codec?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Han
[AE Render Output + Process] Best Format & Video Codec?
on Jan 4, 2019 at 8:52:40 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Han on Jan 4, 2019 at 9:05:43 pm

Hi,

This is a 3 part question I have in regards to my specific needs. I'll keep this as clear as possible:

Please let me know if there are better ways of accomplishing this goal (as I'm still a beginner)

- Goal: To create motion graphics animation videos (+5 min) by using AE to create a Composition with 5-10 sec scenes. (Windows PC btw).

- Take this Composition, and render them using Render Queue into a LOSSLESS format, since my goal is to take these video clips and create transitions for them through AE or PR and render out the FINAL video clip (which will be +5 min long).

Q: What is the best Format and Video Codec I can choose under Render Queue > Output Module settings? (for my situation)

- Then, I'll go back into AE, in order to create more scenes / compositions to complete the rest of my final video.

- After rendering out these separate scenes, I need to add transitions between these individual rendered video clips. I've heard a good method is working through PR in order to create the transitions within the PR Timeline and rendering out the whole video through there, but what if I need to create AE-based transitions?

Q: What's the best workflow you could recommend to compile/combine all of these video clips together into a final video? (in my case)

- After I have completed editing the entire video and need to upload it to YouTube, I need to choose a Video Format and Codec.

Q. What is the best Format and Video Codec for rendering out the FINAL video clip for YouTube settings?

Thank you,

Kevin.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: [AE Render Output + Process] Best Format & Video Codec?
on Jan 4, 2019 at 11:05:21 pm

[Kevin Han] "Q: What is the best Format and Video Codec I can choose under Render Queue > Output Module settings? (for my situation)"

On a win machine, I'd look at DNXHD or DNXHQ codecs. They're great, and because they're not using the lossless settings, the file sizes are a lot smaller. Typically, lossless is overkill.

[Kevin Han] "Q. What is the best Format and Video Codec for rendering out the FINAL video clip for YouTube settings?"

There are YouTube compression presets in Adobe Media Encoder made just for that purpose.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Han
Re: [AE Render Output + Process] Best Format & Video Codec?
on Jan 5, 2019 at 1:03:17 am

Thanks Dave~

I've been doing some research in the meantime and was also looking into DNXHQ and see it as a very viable option for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]