FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage getting color dimmed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Athar Aijaz
Footage getting color dimmed
on Jan 4, 2019 at 6:40:49 am

I have a M4V format file, i just need to change its audio, so i imported that file in AE CS6 and change its audio, when i am rendering it using H.264, there is some color difference in the rendered video. i am attaching the snaps, please help

original snap

my rendered file

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: Footage getting color dimmed
on Jan 4, 2019 at 3:44:09 pm

Try rendering out a lossless video file and transcoding it to h.246 in media encoder.

Also im not sure but it might be a color space issue. it looks like it made the darks a little lighter and the brights a little dimmer. Maybe like a broadcast safe color range would do.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 4, 2019 at 3:47:29 pm

Also, for simply replacing audio, I'd highly suggest using Premiere Pro instead of AE. It's much better-suited for basic tasks like that. Or, if you want to get crazy, use ffmpeg to just swap out the audio track in your video file.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jan 4, 2019 at 3:55:19 pm

I would also agree that using Premiere (or Audition) would be a much better way to handle audio as AE itself isn't designed for audio. And using ffmpeg command line commands will let you change out the audio while straight copying the video, though there should be render options from Premiere that should do the same.

Is the file that you rendered in a MOV wrapper? If so, this might be the never resolved gamma issue showing up again (do the scopes for those two video files show the same pedestal and gain?).

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 4, 2019 at 5:09:22 pm

i 2nd ffmpeg. you're trying to re-compress h.264 twice. you'll get a lot of artifacts if not using a crazy high bitrate.
if you re-import that rendered file back into AE, it will probably look exactly the same as 3rd party players and web browsers use various gamma and white point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]