FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio React - adding speed or slowing while running with a constant speed?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan North
Audio React - adding speed or slowing while running with a constant speed?
on Jan 3, 2019 at 8:45:11 am
Last Edited By Dan North on Jan 3, 2019 at 9:25:51 am

Hello fellow AE'ers.

Happy New Year.

I'm doing a CC Kaleida animation that is running with a constant speed.
I have an audio file where I want to manipulate the animation while it's running.
I have seen time remapping can be used, but that would mean I would need to render a movie first.
Is it possible to use an expression where i "multiply" the Sound Keys to the speed or rotation without having to render a movie? (So I can easily change the patterns if needed)

If I have 3 different shapes I want to cycle between depending on a sound, I can make a layer visible but it will disspear again with the sound is over - If I want to to stay active until the next sound starts and then make the other shape visible - how is that done?

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Audio React - adding speed or slowing while running with a constant speed?
on Jan 4, 2019 at 3:43:20 pm

You can do time-remapping on a precomp without having to render something. However, you can also use that same technique, but instead of applying it to time remapping, apply it to mess with any of a number of effect parameters.

As to your shape switching, I'm not quite sure I'm following what you're saying. Is this a sound in the same audio file? Making it react to a certain noise amongst a bunch of other sound will be somewhat tricky.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dan North
Re: Audio React - adding speed or slowing while running with a constant speed?
on Jan 7, 2019 at 9:05:15 am

Thank you so much Michael.

If I have a shape that is animated and I want it to be played to a certain sound node, how can I "trigger" it?
I can't seem to find much on this.

I have 5 different tones that want different animations for that is spread around my scene - Sound Keys has 3 ranges - what is the best way to do it when I have 5? The animation is just a shape that lights up and lights down is playing the tones, but will look like as if it's the music that is "playing" it...(often seen in video projections, where windows or similar are being lot to the a certain music..they often have much more shapes around the surfaces...not sure how this is achieved?
I somehow need to trigger the animation, which I have created in another comp.

Any direction would be much appreciated

Best,
Dani

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]