FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing duration of in and out animations in a Comp/Precomp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mervin James
Changing duration of in and out animations in a Comp/Precomp
on Jan 2, 2019 at 8:32:30 pm

Hi everyone Im looking for some help to achieve something thats maybe really easy to do probably but Im still a starter so please bare with me.
Basically I'm trying to create a template in After Effects which will then be exported as a motion graphics template so I want to give the user as much control over the lower third as possible. Anyways, I have 2 comps ("Lower Third 01" and "Lower Third 01 Edit")... Lower Third 01 Edit is where all my animation is with all my shapes and text inside and Lower Third 01 has Third 01 Edit inside of it. So I have animated it to show and then go offscreen (Basically to have an In and an Out animation). What I would like to do is allow the user to control how long the lower third will stay onsceen. I know it can easily be done in After Effects by shifting the keyframes for out animation or something but Id like to add an option in the Essential graphics Panel so the duration can be editable in Premiere pro. Can this be done with an expression and a slider or something. Ive included the After Effects example file. Its made with cc2019 but i can provide one from an earlier version if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

File link: https://f1.creativecow.net/file/12986/12986_lowerthirdexample.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Changing duration of in and out animations in a Comp/Precomp
on Jan 2, 2019 at 9:11:52 pm

Check out the "Responsive Design - Time" feature:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/responsive-design.html

It allows you to create intro and outro sections of a comp, and to protect regions from subsequent time-stretching (either in Ae or Pr).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mervin James
Re: Changing duration of in and out animations in a Comp/Precomp
on Jan 3, 2019 at 4:03:03 am

Thank very much for the link Walter, this has helped alot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]