FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aliasing in highly scaled corner pinned image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Guiser
Aliasing in highly scaled corner pinned image
on Jan 2, 2019 at 7:21:07 pm

I'm tracking a photo frame that zooms from very far away (small) to very close (large) and replacing the photo in the frame with another image using corner pin data from Mocha. But when the image is very far away, there is CRAZY aliasing in the corner pinned image. It's flickering and just going nuts. Is there an effect I can use that is made specifically to handle this?

I tried keyframing gaussian blurr, to be high when far away, and low or off when the image is zoomed in. It's better, but still not quite right. And it's really tedious trying to get the right blur for the right keyframes (I have to do this for mutiple replaced pictures not just one).

I feel like there has to be an effect or setting I'm missing.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Aliasing in highly scaled corner pinned image
on Jan 4, 2019 at 3:48:08 pm

What effect are you using? Try CC Power Pin instead of AE's native corner pinning.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jerry Guiser
Re: Aliasing in highly scaled corner pinned image
on Jan 5, 2019 at 9:54:59 pm

Mocha AE automatically creates the classic corner pin data automatically, but I see there are some workarounds to convert. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]