FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects crashing when I open use Designer with Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Sheram
After Effects crashing when I open use Designer with Particular
on Dec 31, 2018 at 6:57:23 pm

I'm trying to learn Particular, but every time I open the designer and test out presets I get an error message "crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Particular"

I'm new to this and really don't know how to go about getting the most out of my computer--it's not an ideal setup but I'm hoping to make it work until I can afford an upgrade.

I'm working on a Macbook Pro, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 with 8GB of Ram available out of 16GB total. Graphics card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.

If anyone can give me tips I'd appreciate it

Return to posts index

Michael Müller
Re: After Effects crashing when I open use Designer with Particular
on Jan 1, 2019 at 11:40:32 pm

The designer in particular is very unstable and crashes all the time, even on my machine, which is pretty high end.
If you want to learn how to use particular, search for tutorials online and just use the regular controls inside the effect. honestly I'm not a huge fan of the designer, though it gets better with every update. You won't miss out on much though.
I'd recommend you make free at least 16gb of ram for ae to use. Otherwise youre going to run into issues very quickly when using effects like particular.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]