FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimize Renser Speed by understanding comps, layers, expressions and effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remi Monedi
Optimize Renser Speed by understanding comps, layers, expressions and effects
on Dec 30, 2018 at 2:26:08 pm

Hi,
I found many posts about render settings, but what I'm really interested here is regarding compositions, layers, expressions and effects organization. I'm making more and more complicated projects and where they are very organized, I'm not sure they are very optimized for render/preview speed.
SO I have several questions about render speed improvements (even the slightest) :

1. What is faster : One comp with a lot of layers OR One comp with a few precomps?
I guess it's the first one but I read in some cases, a precomp is actually the faster way to render especially if it rasterizes a huge layer for instance. Maybe there are other cases.

2. What is faster : A lot of layers with few effects on them OR One layer with a lot of effects applied to it?

3. How an expression can slow down the render speed?
Is it the length of it or specific expressions?

4. Let's take a layer with a Turbulent Noise. To "deactivate" it, I have two options : Set the Effect opacity OR the Layer opacity to 0% . Is there a difference renderspeed-wise? Another example with the Posterize effect, if I set it to 255 (its maximum value), is AE still calculating it?
I often ask myself if effects set not to affect their layer (with Amount, Opacity set to 0%, Blend with original set to 100%, ...) are still calculated by AE, and taking a bit of render time, or if AE ignores them.

Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]