FORUMS: list search recent posts

A music producer asking for AE guidance

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Eriksson
A music producer asking for AE guidance
on Dec 30, 2018 at 1:19:18 pm

Hi all! New to the creativecow community, heard many good things about it so I'm glad I made it here.

As I am a music producer (ikson) who's currently looking to learn more about AE for my music visuals, I'll probably be spending some time in here from now on.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has links to tutorials I could watch that can give me the same results as in this clip:

https://instagram.com/p/Br7OrKhoqsn/

Been trying to google to find a tutorial on that camera moving effect but with no luck. Also he/she gets the birds to fly behind the person, I presume that's some sort of masking right? Or am I wrong

Thankful for any help!

Best wishes,
Christian/Ikson

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: A music producer asking for AE guidance
on Dec 30, 2018 at 5:08:24 pm

If you're just starting up with After Effects, one of the best places is Adobe's Classroom in a Book series.

As for the effects in the sample footage, it is really rather simple:

1) There's a still image that has been made into a 3D layer and a wiggle expression added to the position and the rotation values

2) Another piece of footage of the flying birds (black birds on white background has been put on top of it, blended with it in multiply mode

If you have no idea of what the above means or how they are accomplished, you should definitely start with the basics first.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Christian Eriksson
Re: A music producer asking for AE guidance
on Dec 30, 2018 at 8:36:56 pm

Hi Kalleheikki! Thank you so much for your answer, truly appreciate it!

I studied Audiovisual Production three years in college, in which I learnt some AE but I'd say my knowledge is pretty basic, however what you

wrote made sense and I recognize some of the terms, so I'll definitely go ahead and experiment with that.

Thanks again & happy new year!

Best,
Christian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]