FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Composition Screen Freezes After Certain Actions...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Han
AE Composition Screen Freezes After Certain Actions...
on Dec 29, 2018 at 11:17:37 pm

Hi,

So I'm not sure how to even process what's happening to my AE here... There are times when it works, and times where it doesn't. I've had it work fine for 2 days in a roll and then all of a sudden it'll stop working. Sometimes I'll turn off my computer and it'll work, and other times it doesn't. I have no idea what is causing this issue. This is a brand new computer and so I figure everything should have ran fine up to now, but nope~

As you can see from the video, the Composition Screen "works" but it never displays the video when it doesn't work properly. And closing the Composition Screen will freeze AE altogether. I've tried this on AE 2019 and 2018 and both cause this issue. I've tried this on a FRESH install of AE without any plugins as well.

Currently running:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763)

Intel i9-9900k

ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

64GB DDR4 3733MHz

GeForce 980

&

AE CC 2019 (V. 16.0.0 Build 235)

My video card and windows updates are up to date. I've installed all drivers through DriverEasy. At this point, I'm baffling and at a loss for words. I'm not even sure a format will help because I think I've already tried that solution as well..

Any help at this point will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: AE Composition Screen Freezes After Certain Actions...
on Jan 2, 2019 at 6:56:52 pm

It sounds like you've done some pretty extensive trouble shooting already so ill just throw some ideas out that are long shots.
Try downloading the drivers from the manufacturers websites instead, those all in one driver programs can mess things up sometimes. Have you tried disabling your integrated video card sometimes that can cause errors. Googling how to do it on your mother board should tell you how. Check that and update your gpu driver from nvidia directly if possible. Maybe look into turning off OpenGL, I remember that being an issue for something related to the preview window once.

How new is it exactly? Has it been working and recently started crashing? Is it only AE thats having issues. If you just got the computer recently try running some benchmarks/ stress tests and see if anything else crashes.

Good luck man that sounds like a nightmare

Return to posts index

Kevin Han
on Jan 2, 2019 at 7:17:20 pm

Hi,

I ended up finding the issue.. which is baffling that this caused all of these AE related issues...

First, I found out that my dual monitor caused these issues. Then I found out that using a program called Sonic Suite caused these issues as well. Deleted Sonic Suite and everything works fine~!

Return to posts index

Kevin Han
on Jan 2, 2019 at 7:18:05 pm

I can use dual monitors fine as well, just to clarify :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]