FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE using 100% CPU with "easy tasks" and slowing down workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Chesi Visani
AE using 100% CPU with "easy tasks" and slowing down workflow
on Dec 26, 2018 at 12:01:01 am

Hi, I've recentely changed my GPU from a GTX 780 to a GTX 1070ti, switched from Win 7 to Win 10 and upgraded to the new After Effects CC 2019 (i had cc 2014 before): I hoped that all of this would improve my workflow and rendering time, but since all of this happened I find after effects going slower, in particular my CPU is jumping all the way to 100% usage even with small tasks.

Last day I was working on a still frame that had a very easy Trapcode Particular snow-like layer + Camera-lens Blur: i was typing a text, something like "Merry Christmas" and as soon as i started to scale up the text my cpu would go 100%, which was pretty bizzare counting that it wasn't even a FULL HD comp.

My CPU is a Intel Core i7 4770k 3,50 ghz quad core: it's almost 5 years old i know, but not that bad to not being able to scale a text .
My RAM is a dual channel DDR3 16 GB 1600 mhz.

What should i do? I would like to improve both the ram and the cpu, but i don't have the money right now: moreover i wanted to improve my workflow by switching to a new gpu and new software, not slowing it down... Its' really annoying and most importantly feels like something is wrong.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]