FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I export 1 single comp from an AE project to be used in another project as a comp and not as a rendered video file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muneeb Maeen
How do I export 1 single comp from an AE project to be used in another project as a comp and not as a rendered video file
on Dec 24, 2018 at 3:43:59 pm

I have 2 projects i.e seperate .aep files, Zelda and Nero. Project Nero has 100+ compositions with arbitrary hierachy with lots of nesting and what not. I want only one of these comps, called Draco, to be used in Project Zelda, but I don't want to render Draco in a video file and use it. Draco contains lots of illustrator layers and AE shape layers and text layers and JPGs images in it.

My question is, How do I export Comp Draco from project Nero to Porject Zelda and still use Draco as a comp in Zelda like I was using it in Nero

Thanks

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: How do I export 1 single comp from an AE project to be used in another project as a comp and not as a rendered video file
on Jan 2, 2019 at 7:17:24 pm

I think you can just open the first project, save as > name it something like Project Draco Reduced> select the Draco Comp and go to file > dependencies> reduce project. That will remove everything except the elements that are used in the selected comp. Now save the reduced project again and open Project Zelda and simply drag Project Draco Reduced project into the Project Zelda. Very important you save a copy first as you will lose everything besides the draco comp in this new reduced project.

Return to posts index

Muneeb Maeen
Re: How do I export 1 single comp from an AE project to be used in another project as a comp and not as a rendered video file
on Jan 7, 2019 at 9:30:28 am

O Man thank you very much. This turned out to be a life saver eventhough it is a tedious process and takes a lot of time to do a simple task, but still, it does what I required.

Just one more question. Isn't there any way to open multiple projects at once in AfterEffects??? Like in photoshop or illustrator you can open multiple documents at once and just drag and drop stuff from one project to other to your hearts desire. Can't we do something like that in AfterEffects??? I know there isn't a direct way, but can't we do something like opening multiple instances of AE and just dragging and dropping comps from one project to another without rendering???

I know its a fool's hope but still I think it would be great to see something like that

Anyways Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]