FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Keep Shadow That Falls on Green Screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Camin
How to Keep Shadow That Falls on Green Screen
on Dec 19, 2018 at 3:12:46 pm

I will have talent on a green screen with a shadow being cast on the green ground. I have Keylight and Primatte. Is there a way to retain that shadow information and use it as a shadow in the final composite?

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How to Keep Shadow That Falls on Green Screen
on Dec 19, 2018 at 3:40:29 pm

usually you want to have no shadows..and Im sure if you work with it enough you could key out everything else....have you really played with the settings in keylight..try the screen matte

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 23, 2018 at 1:08:36 am

Keylight will often keep things like shadows intact. If nothing else, you can do a different key from the shadow itself. Remember, a good key is often made up of several layers (one for the hair might be different for one for the body, etc.).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Dec 23, 2018 at 7:15:31 am

It depends more on the quality of the footage than the keying software. If the lighting is right and the footage has been shot raw, you should be able to do it. If the lighting is not ideal or there is any compression in the footage, it is better to get rid of the shadow and generate it from a copy of the matte you generate for the person. At least in my experience.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]