FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio React - keep scaling or moving nd not go back to.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan North
Audio React - keep scaling or moving nd not go back to.
on Dec 16, 2018 at 10:00:43 am

Hello fellow After Effect friends.

I'm playing around with audio react in AE .
When I use Audio Spectrum to have an object move or scale to the sound, it returns back from where it startet.
How is it possible to have a particle or an object being moved to beat - and stay where it reaches and then move further to the next beat? (So it keeps moving forward. I need to add some kind of add expression? )

If I say have 5 squares that I want to glow, not at the same time but to specific beats so it looks like a flashing lighshow with each being hit to a certain beat - will I need to make 5 Audio spectrum files for that or how does it work with multiple things going on at the same time?
I saw a text having its various characters being light up to different beats..

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Audio React - keep scaling or moving nd not go back to.
on Dec 16, 2018 at 11:29:42 am

It requires either a cumulative expression (one that adds the value from every frame up to the current frame with a loop) which is workable only up to a certain length until it becomes extremely slow, or using Soundkeys, which has a built-in option to accumulate the values.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Dan North
on Dec 17, 2018 at 4:40:03 pm

Thanks a lot for the direction both!
Just what I needed.
Have a great day
Cheers, Dan

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Dec 17, 2018 at 3:51:42 pm

Ive used a script called FreqReact from https://davey.studio/react/ to do something very similar to what you're describing.

Return to posts index

iboukhoulef fouad
on Dec 21, 2018 at 10:15:08 am

If I say have 4 squares that I want to glow, not on the same time however to precise beats so it looks like a flashing lighshow with each being hit to a positive beat - will I need to make five Audio spectrum documents for that or how does it work with multiple matters happening on the same time?
I saw a textual content having its various characters being mild as much as exclusive beats..

Any path might be a lot favored.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Dec 22, 2018 at 8:05:45 am

Audio-to-keyframes approach might be a better option there. You get the result from the right channel, the left channel and the combination separately, which gives you three slightly different outputs and then you can do some math such as right minus left channel to get the fourth output.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]