FORUMS: list search recent posts

kaleidoscope effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jirka Mucha
kaleidoscope effect
on Dec 15, 2018 at 11:03:45 am

Hello, I need help. I'd like to create a video with an image that will be gradually change from normal to kaleidoscope effect. I hope you understand what I mean. In After Effect there is a great effect called kaleida who does the job to apply kaleidoscopic effect to any image or video. However I couldn't find a solution to create transition from normal look of image to kaleidoscope look. I need to make that normal picture will slowly change to kaleidoscope look. Hope you understand my english. Thank you for any help :)

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: kaleidoscope effect
on Dec 15, 2018 at 11:37:22 am

I don't recall the Kaleida settings so I don't know if you can do this with that effect, but the basic idea could be to scale the kaleidoscope effect so that you start from an unaffected image and then the kaleidoscope effect scales down so that a smaller and smaller part of the image becomes the triangle around which the effect occurs.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:01:51 pm

Thank you so much.. I think I need a tutorial to know how to do that as I'm not so good with After Effects.. I was thinking, would be fine to do that simply with some plugin or so

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:19:45 pm

The FEC plugins you can find here [ https://borisfx.com/products/final-effects-complete/ ] include a kaleida effect with an "Undistort" parameter. Here I just did a render in AE 2019 animating Undistort from zero to 100 ;

http://www.clickscape.net/kaleida.gif

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:44:36 pm

Thank you so much.. yea the gif animation it is excatly I need. So what particular plugin you used from Boris FX?

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:46:52 pm

Ok I understand you used kaleida with some undistorted parameter? I have kaleida but don't see this parameter

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Dec 15, 2018 at 1:12:09 pm

the borisfx version of FEC is different (developed separately from the CC effects that come with AE) - you'd need that one to get Undistort - also it adds other things like more Kaleidoscope styles, Beat Reactor, and PixelChooser

https://borisfx.com/products/final-effects-complete/
with this installed you will have a category called FEC Stylize and in that category is an FEC Kaleida (with Undistort)

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Dec 15, 2018 at 1:24:43 pm

I just installed the trial version I found on the link but can't see in my After Effects CC 2019

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Dec 15, 2018 at 1:35:21 pm

I think it's an older product and the installer may not find the newest Adobe CC versions, but it should be putting the plugins somewhere in a "⁨Final Effects Complete 7.0⁩" folder. You should be able to put that folder in the correct folder for AE to find it. I happen to be on a Mac OS system so having it in the correct folder looks like this ;

‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Common⁩ ▸ ⁨Plug-ins⁩ ▸ ⁨7.0⁩ ▸ ⁨MediaCore⁩ ▸ ⁨Final Effects Complete 7.0⁩

I forget the precise path for Windows OS right now.

Although the FEC 7 release pre-dates current Adobe versions I'm able to use this effect in AE 2019 Mac and it seems to work fine.

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Dec 16, 2018 at 2:08:32 pm

Unfotunately, I tried to copy the plugins to Adobe plug-in folder. Doesn't work. Anyway, thank you for your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]