FORUMS: list search recent posts

Native audio react plugins/presets?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Eriksson
Native audio react plugins/presets?
on Dec 14, 2018 at 8:08:24 am

Hi, I'm wondering which plugins/presets support adding a sound track to react to? Not using the Keyframe assistant.

I've only found Spectrum and Waveform... are those the only ones you get natively?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Native audio react plugins/presets?
on Dec 14, 2018 at 4:20:30 pm

In AE, there is one: Convert Audio To Keyframes. It works with audio levels of a wav or aiff audio file (don't use compressed audio).

Trapcode has a paid plugin called Soundkeys. It lets you work with both audio levels and frequencies.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dennis Eriksson
on Dec 14, 2018 at 6:17:46 pm

I did say: "Not using the Keyframe assistant", which is where Convert Audio To Keyframes is... So I already knew about that... and Soundkeys does NOT come with AE, nor is it free, so that doesn't count just because of that, it also doesn't count on the fact that it-self can't be used to like make a waveform, spectrum, plane or whatever, it's just a glorified "convert to keyframes"...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2018 at 6:50:55 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 18, 2018 at 3:55:31 pm

Well then, you're stuck. Those are the two available to you. You'll have to get inventive.

For example, if you want to isolate the bass, take the audio file into Audition, apply some EQ, get rid of the high frequencies, export a new audio file and import into AE. Then you can use Convert Audio To Keyframes. Hell, you don't have to export that audio, you just turn off the little speaker icon and use it as a reference to make the keyframes.

But since we have very little idea of what you intend to make, it's tough to give any useful advice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]