FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fun Card Grid Slider

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Belleret
Fun Card Grid Slider
on Dec 13, 2018 at 5:07:57 pm

Hey Community,

Thanks for all the help over the years. Was working on a new project and wondered if you guys knew of any ways to speed up the process. I am trying to create something similar to this video.

(Click image for video)

First I thought the best approach to this would be to reverse it, start with the whole grid then animate the cards out of their positions. First imported about 200 images, put them all in comp, then I used a couple scripts to get the grid started. I used the script KindaSorta by this fella to randomly sort my image layers, then user Gridder 2 to make the grid.

So now everything is set to animate, which I started key framing by hand, but thought I'd stop by here and see if there was any suggestions on how I can get this puppy created without spending hours tediously moving every card.

Cheers,
Russell

Return to posts index

Russ Belleret
Re: Fun Card Grid Slider
on Dec 13, 2018 at 8:30:37 pm

Hunting and exploring I found this expression, props to Dan Ebberts, that is saving me a lot of time. Now I can move just one layer and have the rest follow with a bit of delay, without changing the position of the the other layers. Also I am working in 3d space so this works great for most of the animation. ☺

Just paste it in the "position" of each card your not animating:

L = thisComp.layer("Name-Of-Layer-Your-Animating");
delay = .06; // change to set time
timeToStart = 0;
myDelay = (index - L.index)*delay;
t = time - (timeToStart + myDelay);
if (t > 0){
delta = L.transform.position.valueAtTime(t) - L.transform.position.valueAtTime(timeToStart);
value + delta
}else{
value
}

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]