FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha AE 2019 - What does "New Ref ↔" do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Stillerska
Mocha AE 2019 - What does "New Ref ↔" do?
on Dec 9, 2018 at 9:03:20 pm

What do the "New Ref →"-button(s) under the "AdjustTrack"-parameters category in Mocha AE 2019 do, and when should I use them? From my understanding, the AdjustTrack-parameters are used to keyframe the Surface Tool's four corners (since you're not able to keyframe them directly). But why would I need to add new reference points when there are only four corners on the Surface Tool?

From the Mocha AE CC Plugin UserGuide:
"Often there are times where your reference points are either obscured or exit frame. In AdjustTrack you have the ability to create multiple reference points per surface corner that can be positioned in alternate locations to handle these situations. Simply click the New Ref button to create a new reference point for the selected corner.
You cannot keyframe the Surface — only the Reference Points. The original track and any refinements you make in AdjustTrack cause the Surface to move however."

What I don't understand is "...In AdjustTrack you have the ability to create multiple reference points per surface corner..."; but why would I add multiple reference points per surface corner? Isn't each surface corner connected to one of the four points in the Surface Tool? Also, if I add multiple reference points per surface corner, how will each corner in the Surface Tool balance between these?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]