FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to allocate enough memory

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vaiga Perkauskaite
Unable to allocate enough memory
on Dec 7, 2018 at 7:20:40 pm

I have a 3:45 minute clip with a man singing. He is not moving a lot. I applied a detailed face tracking on his face and it was fine. But when I want to extract & copy facial measurements on rest pose it fails on around 3:15 minute with the error message:

Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (1929 x 1080 @ 8 bpc). Either increase the memory requirements for rendering of this frame, or install more RAM

I have 32GB of RAM and allocated 29GB for After Effects. How is this not enough?

There are no other effects applied to the video.

Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this problem?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Unable to allocate enough memory
on Dec 8, 2018 at 2:37:04 am

It really should be.

What is your source format? Perhaps there's an issue during the decoding process. I've had various issues with some ProRez clips for example. I can't imagine what would be tripping things up with the tracking, but I don't have that feature in CS6. If that's the case, you might have to resort to converting to a lossless sequence first.

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Dec 8, 2018 at 10:34:44 am
Last Edited By Mark Doctor on Dec 8, 2018 at 7:32:53 pm

Indeed, I always do a double render.

The first stage an image sequence render. Image sequences can proceed the render at the point of failure (multi machine settings turned "on" )and secondary rendermachines can drop in for support. Set the rendering to replace the original sequence by a proxy and add to the second rendering without the "ignore proxy" settings. It isolates any problem of different codecs and speeds up rendering if more than one output format is needed

...However your problem also sounds like a multiprocessing issue. I could always only allocate max 3GB to one core. So make sure its off if available. If that doesnt work you still can force AE to purge its memory.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 8, 2018 at 7:42:41 pm

Why is it 1929 x 1080? Those are very strange dimensions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vaiga Perkauskaite
on Dec 8, 2018 at 8:28:56 pm

That's a typo. It's 1920x1080

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 8, 2018 at 11:43:17 pm

OK.

These days, I almost never trust the media container & codec of the footage. I(t can often be problematic for AE. I recommend transcoding to a good intermediate codec.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]