FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Fonts and Effects With After Effects CC 2019

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Dozier
Missing Fonts and Effects With After Effects CC 2019
on Dec 6, 2018 at 7:52:50 pm

Upgraded and Adobe is telling me that I'm missing fonts and effects from a project, but the folks that made the project have installed all the same crap I have, they just made the AE project with the new version of Adobe, and I updated after they did. But they are saying they didn't download any new fonts or effects.

I've tried to check "sync with Adobe," when After Effects gives me the warning, but it just sits there and does nothing, and that stuff is missing when the file finishes opening.

There are no suggestions or leads at all from Adobe with this issue....and what I mean is, if people upgrade to AE and there will be missing fonts and effects, Adobe neglected to have a pop up appear, or a website come up, stating that you need to download new fonts or something. I can't find this function in the CC app either.

Thought it would be quicker to check with you folks about this before spending an afternoon searching through Adobe's forums and archives for a solution to this.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Missing Fonts and Effects With After Effects CC 2019
on Dec 6, 2018 at 8:05:49 pm

How do you know that your computer, your Mac or PC - whatever you are on, has the same fonts as the person who created that project? That doesn't sound like an Adobe problem.

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on Dec 6, 2018 at 8:38:00 pm

Because IT is there whenever we do upgrades, etc, and they try to match our systems and what they have so we can swap files until our eyes bleed, and my coworkers are telling me they didn't have to sync new fonts or get new effects for this file, but I have to for some reason, and they're super lame about it when that sort of thing happens, with an attitude like my laptop is a puppy and I haven't been feeding it the right kibble or something.

I went and got those fonts and effects manually and I'm good now, just really confusing when I have to go and do that while these other folks don't have to. I guess Adobe doesn't like my face or something...

Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Dec 7, 2018 at 4:02:23 pm

Hey sorry to hear about your font issue, i've heard of this happening some times with updates. Here's a couple links of old forum posts about it https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2418916 and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2478298.

Adobe says its not their fault and offers no solution. Possible that a font manager is messing up the fonts if you're using a 3rd party program for that. The best solution is never update once you get a version working right on your computer haha. Obviously that's not always an option though, glad you got it sorted out in time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]