FORUMS: list search recent posts

Take a circular logo letter and turn it into a straight line using after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Stefaniw
Take a circular logo letter and turn it into a straight line using after effects
on Nov 30, 2018 at 3:46:48 pm

This is how I envision the animation. A thick black straight line that will kind of roll up into the "a" logo that should be pictured in the post. The "a" has a perfect interior circle, which is impossible to achieve having the tails come out at the angles they do, but I think that could be handled at the very end with just swapping in the actual logo at the end. I haven't been using after effects that long, but it certainly seems like it should be possible, any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
Re: Take a circular logo letter and turn it into a straight line using after effects
on Nov 30, 2018 at 8:38:05 pm

Draw a path around your final Letter and use the path (mask) morphing feature to create a different shape. Make sure you draw the overlap youself.

Return to posts index

Ted Stefaniw
Re: Take a circular logo letter and turn it into a straight line using after effects
on Nov 30, 2018 at 8:55:04 pm

Mark, thanks for the response but I don't want to morph a straight line into the shape of the logo. Picture that logo, pulled straight, into a line that is the same thickness as the logo, and then I want to create an animation that takes that same line and shows it going back into that shape. I thought I saw something in a tutorial that might work, like drawing a line as thick as the logo and then having that line follow a path made with the bezier tool that followed the shape of the logo.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Dec 9, 2018 at 12:41:31 pm

You can animate the path of a shape layer any way you want, so make a shape path with no fill and a thick stroke and draw the final shape with it. Then animate the starting point into a line. The motions in between are what make it look good (or not).

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Ted Stefaniw
on Dec 10, 2018 at 5:44:38 pm

Kalleheikkie, Ill give that a try - thanks for your reply - Ted

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]