FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crash zoom into a full res image (potentially using Mocha tracked Corner Pin data)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harold Durnez
Crash zoom into a full res image (potentially using Mocha tracked Corner Pin data)
on Nov 30, 2018 at 12:59:37 pm
Last Edited By Harold Durnez on Nov 30, 2018 at 1:02:30 pm

Hey guys,
I'm tasked with comping multiple chroma keyed devices such as tablets & mobile phones, and punching into them to reveal the content of said composite in full screen and in full res. (see image 01 & 03)

Using corner pin techniques I managed to (as accurately as possible) position the corner points to the 1080p corners of my comp. (see image 02) and then switch over to the high res image.

Now the issue is; when I corner pin outward it a) distorts the quality and b) It can never line up perfectly.
I imagine that linking the corner pins of the image I'm transitioning to, with the corner pin movement of the composite would work but I don't know how..
OR, what method or technique am I not aware of that can achieve this?

If it helps fyi,
My original image withing the composite is 'corner pinned' down to the device angle using Mocha tracking data.

I'm stumped and pulling my hair out :/

Thanks in advance guys!

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: Crash zoom into a full res image (potentially using Mocha tracked Corner Pin data)
on Nov 30, 2018 at 4:21:04 pm

Have you tried doing the zoom into the screen with a 3d camera instead of corner pinning the main comp? I tried it quickly with that first screen shot and you might get a result you can use with some tweaking. Try animating a camera to zoom into to the screen and tilt it and rotate it to try to get the image full screen and square again. I didn't get it looking perfect with just the camera, but maybe building a comp with the screen image specifically to bridge the gap from where you get it with the camera to how you need to land might do it. Someone else might have a better idea though good luck

Return to posts index

Harold Durnez
Re: Crash zoom into a full res image (potentially using Mocha tracked Corner Pin data)
on Dec 3, 2018 at 12:02:25 pm

Thanks for your assistance thus far.
I'm afraid a camera zoom & tilt etc will still result in a non pixel-perfect transition from the crash-zoom to full-screen :/

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Dec 9, 2018 at 12:22:24 pm

I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works, but how about you use CC Power Pin data on both the image and the background shot, animating from the on-screen to fill-screen position (reset corner pins for the latter) and 1) reverse the animation of the background so it goes from no distortion to distorted with the unstretch option in the corner pin effect enabled on the background shot.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]