FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rotoscoping by stabilizing shaky camera, then do roto, then reverse apply keyframes from stabalized clip?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Dance
Rotoscoping by stabilizing shaky camera, then do roto, then reverse apply keyframes from stabalized clip?
on Nov 28, 2018 at 7:57:30 pm

Lets say you have some rather shaky footage but in the end that shakiness needs to be included in the final clip.

Would it be possible to first stabilize it, then do your roto/masking, and then somehow reverse apply the keyframes from the stabilized clip?

I haven't thought about the mechanics of it yet. Is this a common practice? And if so how would you suggest going about it?

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: Rotoscoping by stabilizing shaky camera, then do roto, then reverse apply keyframes from stabalized clip?
on Nov 29, 2018 at 3:42:26 pm

Someone more qualified will probably give you a better answer as i don't do a lot of roto work. But, it sounds like it should work fine though. I'd go about it as stabilizing the footage>rotoing>precomp and apply the "shake" track data back to that precomp after the roto is done. See if you can track somethings in the shot that would represent the shake well and I would think you can just apply that data to pre comp to put the shake back in. There's probably a more clever way to do it but that's my first instinct.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]