COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gigi Marzo
"Expand" Edges
on Nov 25, 2018 at 11:59:11 am

Hi,

I am working for a school exercise on the following project:

(it is only the interested part)

As I said several times, post-production is not taught and so I ask you 😃 ...
I'd like to "expand" the edge of my yellow paper background. So I would like to get the yellow (likely, not a solid color layer) on the whole width. Obviously the zoom out is done by scaling (4k to 1080), so the background is to be adjusted only at the "final position" ...
Do not tell me that it's only feasible with the clone stamp, is not there another solution?

I hope I was clear...

Thank u in advance (and sorry for my little english)

P.S. Sorry for the girl's censorship, but I did not ask for permission.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: "Expand" Edges
on Nov 25, 2018 at 6:27:01 pm

Grab a still image from some point where the paper is already torn but not all the way to the edges, and a still from the end state. Use former to extend the latter in Photoshop so you have an extended background still image. Drop this behind your footage and mask off with a feathered edge. You may want to add some animated noise to the output on the extended background layer if the difference between the video and the still is visible from lack of grain.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Nov 26, 2018 at 5:56:16 am
Last Edited By Mark Doctor on Nov 26, 2018 at 8:50:21 am

Mask out the scene as large as possible.

Duplicate the layer and use the RepeTile effect to expand the lower layer (mirroring might work, slide will work)

Hit ctrl(cmd)+alt+T to time-remap the lower layer and use a single keyframe for a freeze frame.

Or choose 2 keyframes and add in the expressionfield:

loopOut(“pingpong”);

Or a simpel:
loopOut();

Create a more smoother transition with the mask feathering of the upper layer combined with the mask expansion.

Return to posts index

Gigi Marzo
on Dec 4, 2018 at 9:43:35 pm

Perhaps I'm asking too much... Could you show it to me, please?
Maybe by my example on a new ae project... my work is the worst. ( Mark Doctor Method):

Mainly it is a problem of "feather" of the edges, I can not do better.

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Dec 6, 2018 at 2:25:50 am

I will see if i get some spare time to help out. I sugest to reshape the mask by using the pen tool and keep what you like (hole and flaps) and use a freez frame at the lower layer without the folds. Its a dynamic proces, you'r inventing while building it.

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Dec 7, 2018 at 6:33:39 pm
Last Edited By Mark Doctor on Dec 8, 2018 at 10:02:42 am

So i had to do a work around to counterzoom the shot, not having the original footage (thats the precomp)

Do a freeze frame on the first frame, which isn't a clean plate. So i had to use the second frame, to show it can be done, tiled it and blurred it (Thats the lower layer)

Than reshape a regular mask with the pentool

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]