FORUMS: list search recent posts

only 3 exact color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin jones
only 3 exact color
on Nov 23, 2018 at 3:24:23 pm

Hi, I have black white scene on after effects, I want only 3 exact color in my scene, suc as only rgb(255,255,255) - rgb(130,130,130) - rgb(0,0,0) . How can I mange this, thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: only 3 exact color
on Nov 23, 2018 at 8:26:22 pm

Okey-dokey!

Make three solids. Make them the colors you want. Put them side-by-side. Done!

If you mean something else, you just might want to give people a tiny-tad bit more information about what the hell you're doing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

martin jones
on Nov 23, 2018 at 9:11:34 pm

as I said on top, I have a black white footage, video, scene, right? I want only 3 exact color in my scene, suc as only rgb(255,255,255) - rgb(130,130,130) - rgb(0,0,0) .... what is unclear...

Return to posts index

martin jones
on Nov 23, 2018 at 9:16:40 pm

a black and white image is made up of shades of gray. there will be no shades of gray colors between, it will consist of only 3 colors.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:50:47 pm

Hi, try the Tritone effect, it should do what you want.

Return to posts index

martin jones
on Nov 24, 2018 at 12:23:42 am

thanks for suggestion but tritone not the solution, tritone make color shades like gradient, I want only 3 main color on video, like only red, blue, yellow but not the mid-tones, I hope I can explain enough.

Return to posts index

martin jones
on Nov 24, 2018 at 12:26:46 am

it can be hard to do for colors like red-blue-yellow but I think it can be achieved for grayscale footages...

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Nov 24, 2018 at 12:39:12 am

I see. The Colorama effect can do that by setting the Output Cycle to just your 3 colors (and unchecking Interpolate Pallette if you want hard edges and no midtones).

Return to posts index

martin jones
on Nov 24, 2018 at 11:56:08 pm

hey, this is exactly what I want ☺☺☺☺ sooo many thanks....

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Nov 25, 2018 at 12:36:07 am

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted.

Return to posts index

Tim Drage
on Nov 26, 2018 at 9:57:44 am

Why do you feel the need to post sarcastic, patronising and aggressive comments like this just because you misunderstood the post?

It could have been a little better explained but I saw the title "only 3 exact color" and immediately guessed "this person probably wants to posterize something in a way that would be best achieved using Colorama with Interpolate switched off", and someone else had already beaten me to suggesting it. No need to be mean when you don't have a useful answer and just didn't understand the question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]