FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Issue - Source Name not showing and arrows not showing in timeline.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Sidmondlas
After Effects Issue - Source Name not showing and arrows not showing in timeline.
on Nov 21, 2018 at 8:43:26 am

snap1-arrownotshowing.png
So recently I was messing around with the timeline settings and this happened. The arrows next to each layer do not show, and the source name also doesn't show. I have tried: a. Resetting my workspace settings. B. Checking the column settings (source name is greyed out for some reason). C. Reinstalled Adobe After Effects (version: CS4). If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated as this is a great annoyance and I can't work on any project because of these issues.

Jack

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects Issue - Source Name not showing and arrows not showing in timeline.
on Nov 21, 2018 at 5:54:58 pm

Wow, that was the bare minimum of information! Just enough.

Go beyond the very top of that mini-screen shot. The next horizontal bar up. Right-click on it. Go to Columns. Look at the choices. Play around with the columns you want to make visible.

So how's life in a 32-bit application?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jack Sidmondlas
Re: After Effects Issue - Source Name not showing and arrows not showing in timeline.
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:13:50 pm

That's the problem lol, in the in the column choices, the one I want to select: "Source Name", is greyed out and I can not click it. Not sure why this is a thing... Maybe it's just my computer's fault but idk

Jack

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 21, 2018 at 9:39:28 pm

Well, go through the typical stuff to fix AE wierdness, in the following order. If one doesn't help, go to the next:
  • Quit AE & start it again.
  • Do a restart of your machine.
  • Reset AE preferences. To do that you have to press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Win) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) during AE starting up.

If none of those work, write back. Or just blow off using CC 2019 and use an earlier version that isn't so bug-riddled.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jack Sidmondlas
on Nov 22, 2018 at 3:45:52 am

I tried all of these including the Ctrl + Alt + Shift thing but it didn't work. Also, the version I am using is CS4 as the full version needs 64 bit lol. Do you have any other suggestions? Cheers

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]