Updaded Post

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marius Ionasco
Updaded Post
on Nov 19, 2018 at 7:09:19 pm
Last Edited By Marius Ionasco on Nov 19, 2018 at 7:16:00 pm

Hi,

I made a post earlier : https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=2&postid=112798...
Here my question received a different solution than i would have liked , because of the lack of memory for expressions. Once the timeline goes to the next frame, all that the expression calculated is lost, and the expression runs again.

But I saw that the new After Effects CC 2019 version has an updated Java Script engine ,so 😊 I would be very thankful if someone could say if it is now possible and explain the expression to me.
All additional information can be found in the post in the link.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: Updaded Post
on Nov 19, 2018 at 11:01:32 pm

I get where that previous thread was coming from and in a strict since this effect properly done would be a summation of dx/dy's. But I don't see why we couldn't cheat.

Precomp the flare (you may need to greatly extend the duration of this comp)

Put Timewarp on that comp in your main timeline

Get audio keyframe data. (top menu bar) Animation -> Keyframe assistant -> convert audio to keyframes. Take a look at these values to get a range of what its going to be spitting at you.

For the speed value inside of timewarp.
ease(\\link to audio keyframes\\,\\~smallest value from keyframes\\,\\~highest value from keyframes\\,\\minimum speed you want the flare to move\\,\\maximum speed you want the flare to move\\)

You will have to fill in all 5 values inside of the ease expression. Its important to remember that timewarp takes speed from % so a value of 50 is 50% and this speed is relative to how fast the flare is animated in the precomp.

Return to posts index

Marius Ionasco
Re: Updaded Post
on Nov 20, 2018 at 6:40:23 am

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]