FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Element Rotation / Anchor Point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robby Monk
3D Element Rotation / Anchor Point
on Nov 16, 2018 at 2:36:27 pm

I've created 3 objects in video copilot and are now in my AE comp. I am trying to rotate all 3 objects with the center object being the center point (essentially having the left object and the right object rotate around the middle object). However, when I go to rotate the 3 objects, It's rotating all3 of them in a big circle around. Does that make sense? What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: 3D Element Rotation / Anchor Point
on Nov 16, 2018 at 4:38:45 pm

You could be doing a bunch of things wrong. E3d has many properties that handle rotation. (replicator rotation, particle rotation, deformation rotations and so on).

The easiest thing to do is to go into the scene setup, arrange all three objects in the same group and position them there. Having your middle one in the center of the world. Now, outside, create a null for that group (group -> group utilities -> create group null) and do the rotation with the null so you won't risk rotating some other property.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Robby Monk
on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:56:17 pm

Thanks, Cassius. When I see Group Utilities, I can't click on that. What am I doing wrong here?

Return to posts index

Robby Monk
on Nov 19, 2018 at 3:00:26 pm

Actually, I figured out what was happening. I essentially had to go into my scene and move each of my 3 objects back to "0" in my position. I've had this issue for over a year here and there, and I think I just figured it out. Finally!

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]