FORUMS: list search recent posts

Character Walking Through Frozen World Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Sennett
Character Walking Through Frozen World Effect
on Nov 15, 2018 at 8:39:52 pm

Hello,

I am a film student and am currently in pre-production for my final short film for my production class. I want to have a scene where my character sees the world stop in front of him and walks through said frozen world.

My general idea of how to approach this scene is this: I'm thinking I'll set up the still that I want the character to walk through on location and get it, then without moving the camera and keeping everyone in place, I'll put up a green screen large enough to cover at least my character's whole body while they move around the space (Having everyone pretend to be frozen isn't an option here, as I'm shooting in a populated area.)

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback on this approach and possibly illuminate me on some better techniques to use.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Character Walking Through Frozen World Effect
on Nov 16, 2018 at 3:32:17 pm

If you film it without moving the camera you can do multiple takes. In post freeze everyone and mask out the clip with the actor where they don't freeze. You can hang out for a while and wait for the crowd to die down when you film the actor. If you can add the green screen behind them even better since they will probably cross paths with people behind them.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]