FORUMS: list search recent posts

Experienced user - Problem with rotobrush, rendered video does not match with preview in composition - 1 frame offset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dalibor Mitic
Experienced user - Problem with rotobrush, rendered video does not match with preview in composition - 1 frame offset
on Nov 13, 2018 at 11:36:46 pm

Hello guys, i hope someone can help me with this weird problem.
I am very experienced in using rotobrush and AE in general, and have done many rotoscoping projects, but this is first time i have come to this problem and i can not figure it out by myself.
i am rotoing a horse and when i watch it in the composition frame by frame everything is perfectly aligned, but when i render it out i get completely different result, its exactly one frame offset backward. I have freezed roto, and made all adjustments to roto mate and refine edge mate.
Here is how it looks in comp view http://prntscr.com/li1e4b
Here is how it looks rendered http://prntscr.com/li1egh
I have tried to offset the layer for this one frame forward and it renders normal but i have seeing it offseted in the AE prew, and when i render it all is perfectly aligned. Very weird...

Did someone had similar issue?

I am using AE CC 2014 on win 7

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Experienced user - Problem with rotobrush, rendered video does not match with preview in composition - 1 frame offset
on Nov 14, 2018 at 5:56:19 am

Can't say I have but what are your output settings? Perhaps some missmatch on frame rate or something other than progressive got changed on your output module?

Return to posts index

Dalibor Mitic
Re: Experienced user - Problem with rotobrush, rendered video does not match with preview in composition - 1 frame offset
on Nov 15, 2018 at 1:45:29 pm

Thank you all for reply.
I figured it out, it was nonstandard frame rate of source video, it was 30.249 and some frames was randomly get offset when video is rendered. Even on the rode which was done with masks.

The solution was, i turned on preserve frame rate in advance settings in composition

And also in render settings i told it to use exact frame rate of 30.249

That fixed the issue and all was normally rendered.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Nov 15, 2018 at 11:04:11 pm

It's always something with the math. What an odd framerate though. I'd certainly inquire why and be willing to be they didn't even know.

Return to posts index

Mark Doctor
on Nov 15, 2018 at 12:46:59 am
Last Edited By Mark Doctor on Nov 15, 2018 at 7:20:55 am

Very odd indeed? I also would suggest looking at the shutter settings, angle and phase.

Greets Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]