FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best 4K format alpha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Valliere
Best 4K format alpha
on Nov 12, 2018 at 8:38:25 pm

Hi, I need to export from AE to Pr animation in UHD (4K). I don't find any format with transparency. Please no .mov! How to export in DNxHR with transparency???

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Best 4K format alpha
on Nov 12, 2018 at 8:50:11 pm

What is your beef with the Quicktime .mov format?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Nov 12, 2018 at 9:02:51 pm

No problem ☺ But we've just change your production format from HD mov DVCPro HD to XDCam 50 mxf. We have a 4k (UHD) projet with C300 canon cam, I need to found the best video format for my editors (with and without alpha). I want to have a alpha video format with alpha in mxf or avi. And how to export in AME. Thx a lot!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 13, 2018 at 5:07:56 am

If you don't have flexibility in the media containers, you may find yourself at an impasse. MXF is not the only one available... and AVI is almost dead.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 13, 2018 at 10:18:20 am

I really think that a QuickTime wrapper is the way to go. MXF isn't an option, and AVI is somewhat poorly supported (not really cross-platform, and no direct support for an AVI mezzanine codec in Creative Cloud).

Adobe has written direct, native, cross-platform support for a handful of QuickTime codecs, including CineForm and DNxHR. As a Creative Cloud user, you can use these formats without installing any third-party software -- which means you don't even have to install Apple QuickTime!

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Nov 13, 2018 at 6:00:12 pm

Hi guys, thx for the answers. So if all my production is DNxHR MXF OP1a (UHD 23.98), what r my option (better) for transparency? There is no DNxHR MXF preset that do transparency? Animation from After effect to Premiere, better option is to do png sequence then? Dynamic link?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 13, 2018 at 7:24:36 pm

[Pierre Valliere] "So if all my production is DNxHR MXF OP1a (UHD 23.98), what r my option (better) for transparency? There is no DNxHR MXF preset that do transparency? Animation from After effect to Premiere, better option is to do png sequence then? Dynamic link?"

I can't find a way to get DNxHR MXF to carry alpha, either.

Why not use MXF-wrapped DNxHR for your camera originals and MOV-wrapped DNxHR (or CineForm) for any animation or effects shots?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]