FORUMS: list search recent posts

MY light casts a shadow...I need to tint this shadow slightly blue...is it possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Garabedain
MY light casts a shadow...I need to tint this shadow slightly blue...is it possible?
on Nov 5, 2018 at 7:42:07 pm

I have some footage where I tracked a person standing on the pavement. I have him casting a shadow to match the shadows in the scene..and I got it to look just right, but it needs a slight blue tint..I tried changing the color of the light and the color of the shadow catching layer...neither did the trick...Im going with not possible unless anyone has an idea?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: MY light casts a shadow...I need to tint this shadow slightly blue...is it possible?
on Nov 5, 2018 at 11:54:56 pm

How are you making the new shadow?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: MY light casts a shadow...I need to tint this shadow slightly blue...is it possible?
on Nov 6, 2018 at 3:10:33 pm

I tracked a green screen talent on to the footage with a 3d white shadow layer solid

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 6, 2018 at 4:59:54 pm

You might think about applying the fill effect to that green screen, then playing with color & layer opacity to get a match.

I've never had to use a shadow layer, so I don't know if there's a property in it someplace for color.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Nov 6, 2018 at 9:21:04 pm

I would think adding a blue ambient light should do it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]