FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Photoshop Library operation failed because the selected area is empty

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladislav Macíček
The Photoshop Library operation failed because the selected area is empty
on Nov 5, 2018 at 2:34:40 pm

Hey, guys. I'm working on a shot and suddenly this message appeared and I can't view or render the first frame.
errormessage.png

I'm using 1 PS file (image sequence imported as footage), so I assumed the PS file was causing the issue, but when I double-click it in AE or open the PS it's all fine. I tried to render the PS and switch it, didn't work. And even if I uncheck the visibility of the PS it still doesn't work. All other frames are working.
I'm also using quite a few .png sequences, I'm not sure if those use PS library somehow, idk. The weird thing is that it happened suddenly, I haven't touched the PS layer, was only adjusting effects on other layers.

Just got the shot approved before the full res render, so I'm really pissed off. I have no clue what's wrong, any help appreciated.

Thanks, Vladislav

Return to posts index

Vladislav Macíček
Re: The Photoshop Library operation failed because the selected area is empty
on Nov 5, 2018 at 4:03:38 pm

OK, that was weird...
I found out that 'Median' on a different layer was causing it. Just switched it to 'Median (Legacy)' and it works, lol.

Return to posts index

Vladislav Macíček
Re: The Photoshop Library operation failed because the selected area is empty
on Nov 5, 2018 at 4:07:09 pm

But overall the new iteration of effects seems little buggy. For example I had some alpha problems with the remade 'Gaussian Blur'.
You should look into it, Adobe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]