Liquid shape with blobs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Squadrazzino
Liquid shape with blobs
on Nov 5, 2018 at 8:45:42 am

Hi!

Maybe you can help me with this project:

I'm trying to achieve a liquid shape, that is moving. There should be small shapes (blobs) that split from the centre shape and also small shapes from outside the centre shape, that merge with the centre shape. Everything should be kind of a fluid/liquid movement. The smaller shapes (blobs) that split from the centre shape should be kind of sticky to it and just slowly split from the centre shape. I don't want to put just small shapes in layers under the centre shape and move their position, but a kind of organic look to it.

I guess i can achieve the liquid look with a turbulent displace to the main shape and to a certain degree even create the small shapes that split with this effects, but how to achieve the merging shapes? Is there maybe a better way to do it? I guess it is also possible to do everything with masks, but there should be a better way to do this.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Liquid shape with blobs
on Nov 5, 2018 at 10:21:38 am

Simple but effective: Gaussian blur, then curves adjustment on the alpha channel, pulling both highlight and shadow ends to the middle, essentially creating a threshold effect on the transparency. The more blur, the smoother the shapes.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
on Nov 5, 2018 at 10:51:06 am

Brilliant and genius!

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Nov 5, 2018 at 7:45:31 pm

I was going to suggest blobbiz or mer mercury...but this is way easier...cool technique

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]