FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects rendering and exporting hardware advice needed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex croft
After effects rendering and exporting hardware advice needed
on Nov 2, 2018 at 9:57:28 am

Hello, I have been working with After Effects for about a year and as I've progressed and started using more Cinema 4d and 32-bit effects I've noticed considerable slowing down times to rendering and exporting projects.

The latest video for a client took 8 hours to export a 2-minute clip.

I am currently using an Imac 2013, and my work is willing to purchase a new machine to speed up my issues. from the research I have undertaken, it seems like I should be looking at a PC instead but can anyone advise any machines which work best for AE and media encoder?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: After effects rendering and exporting hardware advice needed
on Nov 3, 2018 at 4:14:39 am

Kind of a loaded question but if your budget allows:

https://www.boxx.com/why-boxx/whats-in-the-boxx

And specifically since most every serious graphics app is moving toward GPU solutions:

Video Library

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: After effects rendering and exporting hardware advice needed
on Nov 5, 2018 at 1:24:12 am

It really depends on whats in that 2 minutes - we just did a two minute piece in AE that took 4 days to render - with 24 cores in the machine!

The problem with rendering C4D from inside AE is that AE doesn't like to share resources, so IMHO its better to use Cineware to line up the shot and then render elements in C4d and bring them in as frames.

As for Mac or PC, its really your preference. You get more bang for your speed demon buck on a PC but you get the headache of which gfx card works with AE and your motherboard well. And apple really hasn't put much development into their boxes of late - that new round of laptops aren't any faster than ones from 4 years ago.
On the Mac side you have about 10 gfx card to pick from and many of those are glued to the mother board (read: slow). On the PC though you can go crazy.
There are lots of threads here (some of them heated) on which is best and which cards are best for AE. In the end get the biggest fastest most robust you can afford - as soon as you buy it another one will obsolete it for half the price.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]