How do I imitate this digital fill?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Menefee
How do I imitate this digital fill?
on Nov 1, 2018 at 2:47:04 pm
Last Edited By Michael Menefee on Nov 1, 2018 at 2:47:40 pm

Please take a look at this video:

The part I'm focused on is the logo transition starting at :08.

I see three major things happening. There are square particles flying towards us and building towards a fill, there's some kind of circuitry map in the background, and then there's some kind of transition or displacement going on.

I'd love to read some takes on how this was accomplished.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How do I imitate this digital fill?
on Nov 1, 2018 at 6:47:25 pm

its probably using a blocky fractal noise to generate a luma value...kinda similar to this tutorial https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/damage_and_decay_fx/

And he is probably using the same effect for the circuits in the background.
and i believe the blocks is using the card dance effect

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How do I imitate this digital fill?
on Nov 4, 2018 at 11:05:22 pm

For the circuit boards we often use the Compound Blur - one of the most poorly understood effects in AE. You can draw a path in Pshop (and now finally in AE) that graduates from tip to tail. You can use that as a reference element to create comet tails - the brighter the levels in the grad of the line the more Compound blur will blur that element. So when using the beam effect or 3D stroke or stroking a shape path or stoking text over time, you could always animate the "head" differently from tail but you can't make the tail fade out. (ok you can ,with a mask but that's tough when you go around a corner) but the compound blur will follow the path and in many cases (especially with thin things) a blur is the same as fade out.
So you just make all these comets that follow the paths of the circuits and then mask them with the circuit board alpha to clean the up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]