FORUMS: list search recent posts

Send single comp to Media Encoder and have it render parts as multiple .mp4s?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ocean Byrne
Send single comp to Media Encoder and have it render parts as multiple .mp4s?
on Oct 31, 2018 at 7:26:38 am

Is there any way to send a single comp from AE to Media Encoder, and have ME render it out as multiple files - dividing the comp at say labeled comp markers, or any other way I can designate where to split the comp?

Previously I had used the rd: Render Layers tool to good effect along these lines - but as it sends things to AE's render queue and I no longer remember how render a .mp4 out of AE (and seem to recall you cant anymore?) that doesn't help me a lot.

What I really want to do is divy my comp up and label the sections, and drop it somewhere and easily render out each section as it's own .mp4 at both 4K and 1080p...

Any tips would be appreciated.

Humble Pixel Farmer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Send single comp to Media Encoder and have it render parts as multiple .mp4s?
on Oct 31, 2018 at 9:39:42 am

Use rd: Render Layers as you normally would, but choose "Queue Only" instead of "Render." Then, in the render queue, click the "Queue in AME" button instead of the "Render" button.

Alternately, if you want to encode MP4 directly from Ae, pick up a license of AfterCodecs from Aescripts.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Michael Menefee
Re: Send single comp to Media Encoder and have it render parts as multiple .mp4s?
on Nov 1, 2018 at 3:01:08 pm

You can also import the comp into AME, click on preset output selection, and then set markers in the export settings. Then duplicate the comp in the queue and adjust the markers for the next version. Rinse and repeat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]