FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simulate falling paper with Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Fraser
Simulate falling paper with Particular
on Oct 30, 2018 at 7:39:58 pm

Hello,

I want simulate a 100+ falling leaflets from the sky, would someone be able to advise on which settings I tweak to give the a nice easy affect in the wind? At the moment when I up the spin amplitude, its all a bit chaotic - and the same with a turbulent field, it makes it look juddering and unnatural.

Secondly, I would like these pieces of paper to have text/imagery on one side and be blank on the reverse side. At the moment they have the same on both sides. Is there any way of solving this with particular?

Attached is a screenshot of my composition view and a screenshot of my current physics settings.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Simulate falling paper with Particular
on Oct 30, 2018 at 8:31:33 pm

I would use the Turbulence Field settings, not the spin. Set the Scale low, around 1.5 and the Affect Position to 500. For the particle rotation, Random Rotation 100 and Random Speed rotation 1.0 will take care of the particle rotation nicely.

No way to determine which side of the particle is showing, but if you make half the particles white, it will give the same impression and few people will notice the trick.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]