FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I move a shape path point selection box?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Holt
How can I move a shape path point selection box?
on Oct 26, 2018 at 6:46:08 pm

I've searched everywhere for a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, I don't know what the term for the small box that encompasses a point on a shape path is. It seems as though whichever point has this box acts as an anchor when keyframing the path -- like when morphing a path from one shape to the next. Perhaps this notes that this is the first or last point of an enclosed path(?)

I need to be able to move this box. Is this possible? If so, how?

I want the small box to be stationed at the top-right of the letter "N". Currently it's positioned at the bottom-left.

I'm trying to morph one letter into another. The letters are all keyframed to the same path. Each letter may have more or less points than the one that precedes/follows it. The letters are shape layers converted from text layers.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How can I move a shape path point selection box?
on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:01:40 pm

I've never had to use it, but there is a command in AE called something like, "Set First Vertex". Basically, you select ONLY the vertex you want and invoke the command. You should then be all set.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How can I move a shape path point selection box?
on Oct 28, 2018 at 7:45:11 am

If its the keyframes you're working with those are keyed off the object's anchor point. (not always the same as the path's first vertex).
You can move the object's anchor point by using the pan behind tool shown here. Just grab the object's widget with is and drag away. The object won't move but the anchor will. Keep in mind if you have already set keyframes this may offset the entire positional animation. You can preserve an already done animation by nesting the animated elements in a null and then offset the null's anchor point and then animate the null with the other elements inside.
(remember to go back to the pointer tool when you want to move things for real).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]