FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wrap text around a shape layer, image or mask in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerard Mallandrich
Wrap text around a shape layer, image or mask in after effects
on Oct 25, 2018 at 6:15:50 pm

Hey there,

I would like to know how I can do something like the Wrap text effect around images in indesign, illustrator or photoshop. All that softwares allow you to wrap text inside a shape layer or a mask and fill it but I can't find the way to do that in after effects.

I want to do something like this and animate it:

Any ideas?

Thank you so much

G

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Wrap text around a shape layer, image or mask in after effects
on Oct 25, 2018 at 6:56:55 pm

There is currently no way to do this. You can create the text like this in one of those other Adobe apps and bring it into AE, but there is no way to do this natively in AE and no way to animate once you bring in the non-native version.

There is, however, a way to make it happen (well, to make it more likely to happen). Get everyone you know to vote on the feature over at the AE Uservoice. The After Effects team does take note of the features there and the number of votes DOES make a difference! I found at least one feature request that sounds like yours: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/3...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gerard Mallandrich
Re: Wrap text around a shape layer, image or mask in after effects
on Nov 2, 2018 at 10:00:28 am

Hey Michael, you're right looks like there's actually no way to do that. I've voted on adobe user voice thanks for responding!

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]